2 Silk Mimosa Tree Fragrant Pink Flowers Albizia Sapling Starter Live Plant NLE14
2 Silk Mimosa Tree Fragrant Pink Flowers Albizia Sapling Starter Live Plant NLE14 by bossplant at Osceola Organic Farm. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. DESCRIPTION: Common Names: Mimosa , Silk Tree, Powderpuff Tree, Silky Acacia Type: Tree Family: Fabaceae Genus: Albizia Julibrissin Durazz Class: Exotic Native Range: Iran to Japan Hardiness Zones: 6 to 9 Height: 20 to 40 feet Spread: 20 to 50 feet Bloom Time: June to July Blooms: 1.5 to 2 Inch Round Powder Puff Sun: Full Sun to Part Shade Soil: Various, Adaptible Water: Medium Maintenance: Low (self pruning) Foliage Type: Decidious Foliage: 5-8 in Long, Feathery, Resembles Ferns Bark: Thin, Lig
Product Description & Reviews
DESCRIPTION: Common Names: Mimosa , Silk Tree, Powderpuff Tree, Silky Acacia Type: Tree Family: Fabaceae Genus: Albizia Julibrissin Durazz Class: Exotic Native Range: Iran to Japan Hardiness Zones: 6 to 9 Height: 20 to 40 feet Spread: 20 to 50 feet Bloom Time: June to July Blooms: 1.5 to 2 Inch Round Powder Puff Sun: Full Sun to Part Shade Soil: Various, Adaptible Water: Medium Maintenance: Low (self pruning) Foliage Type: Decidious Foliage: 5-8 in Long, Feathery, Resembles Ferns Bark: Thin, Light Bark, Nearly Smooth. Suggested Use: Flowering Tree Flower: Showy, Pink, Fragrant Attracts: Butterflies,Hummingbirds Tolerate: Deer, Drought Silk tree, also known as mimosa, or silky acacia, is a small to medium-sized tree that can grow up to 20-40 feet tall. They can grow in a variety of soils. The bark is light brown, nearly smooth, and generally thin with lens shaped areas along the stem. The attractive fern- like leaves of mimosa are finely divided, 5-8 inches long by about 3-4 inches wide, and alternate along the stems. Silk tree has showy and fragrant pink flowers, about 1½ inches long, that resemble pom-poms and are arranged in panicles at the ends of branches. Fruits are flat, straw-colored pods about 6 inches long containing light brown oval-shaped seeds about ½ inch in length. Seed Pods ripen in August to September.
Features & Highlights
- The leaves on these trees are very delicate and do not usually make it through shipping but the tree is very healthy and leaves will begin to grow in 3-4 weeks or if ordered in the fall/winter while dormant they will grow in the spring time.
- Soak roots in water for 24 hours. Transplant into rich potting soil in a large pot (gallon size or larger).
- Soil line is about 2 inches above the roots. Water well then keep the soil moist but not saturated (well drained)
- Keep in bright indirect sunlight until established (at least 2 months) then move gradually into full sun.
- Outside planting is best in the late fall while they are dormant or in early spring after all chance of frost and plants are well established. If your soil is poor, mix it half and half with potting soil. Use a tree and shrub fertilizer after established according to package directions.
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by bossplant, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
- Low maintenance & easy to grow- The best ficus to grow indoors- Very disease resistantVery Popular as a Potted PlantYou often see these trees near doorways, in waiting rooms and in office buildings. They're so popular because they're extremely low-...
mpn: Live Areca Palm,, ean: 0022532713807,
A slow growing houseplant, areca palms show off feathery green fronds that can act as a living sculpture, fill an empty corner, or break up a blank wall. When mature, can grow to 72'' Tall & wide. Areca palms are natural air purifiers, according to N...
mpn: CO.FLI11.13.GRMOD, ean: 0022532713623,
Among the most popular indoor plants, Fiddle-Leaf Fig is easy to grow. Known for it’s large, distinct leaves, the Ficus Lyrata is one of the most trendiest houseplants & is constantly featured in interior & home décor publications. It makes an exc...
If you’re looking for a bulletproof houseplant with modern style, you can’t do much better than the Snake Plant. It has been a favorite of interiorscapers for years because of how adaptable it is to a wide range of growing conditions. The stiff v...