CURT 51120 Discovery Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Based
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 6% on the CURT 51120 Discovery Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Time-Based by CURT at Osceola Organic Farm. MPN: 51120. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. It takes a lot of power to stop a moving trailer, especially when that trailer is hauling a heavy load. On RVs, flatbeds, livestock trailers and many other oversize haulers, manufacturers typically install trailer brakes to assist the tow vehicle in bringing such a massive amount of weight to a halt. But it takes more than a good set of brakes to make quick, efficient stops. It takes precision and the right amount of control. Discovery is a time-based brake controller, meaning it applies increas
Product Description & Reviews
It takes a lot of power to stop a moving trailer, especially when that trailer is hauling a heavy load. On RVs, flatbeds, livestock trailers and many other oversize haulers, manufacturers typically install trailer brakes to assist the tow vehicle in bringing such a massive amount of weight to a halt. But it takes more than a good set of brakes to make quick, efficient stops. It takes precision and the right amount of control. Discovery is a time-based brake controller, meaning it applies increasing brake pressure the longer your foot is on the brake pedal. This pressure is based on the gain setting and sensitivity adjustment set by the user. Discovery has a digital display for easy monitoring and the ability to manage up to four axles at a time. It mounts at any angle, anywhere in your vehicle and comes with an automatic power level adjustment feature to ensure you can stay better focused on your driving and spend less time worry about your trailer brakes. It is also compatible with anti-lock brakes, cruise control and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. All CURT brake controls are designed to work with quick plugs so that they can readily plug into your vehicle's original equipment socket. They also include a mounting bracket and hardware for easy installation. A brake controller should be mounted somewhere on the dash of your vehicle, and we recommend putting it below the steering wheel, either on the right or left side of the steering column. This way the control will not block your view when driving, but it will remain accessible and visible when adjustment is needed.
Features & Highlights
- RELIABLE SAFETY. The Discovery electric trailer brake controller offers safe, dependable operation, increasing trailer brake pressure as you depress the vehicle brake pedal and bringing the vehicle and trailer to a smooth stop.
- EASY TO USE. This trailer brake controller features an easy-to-read, digital display to monitor brake operation. It also has a simple, reliable design with no internal moving parts and no leveling required.
- POWERFUL. The simple controls of the Discovery brake controller enable powerful brake operation, featuring a manual brake slider button, an adjustable power toggle and adjustable ramp time.
- VERSATILE. You can use this electric trailer brake controller on virtually any trailer with 1 to 4 axles (2 to 8 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems.
- SIMPLE SETUP. This electric brake controller quickly plugs into your vehicle using a CURT vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It comes with an adjustable mounting bracket and can be mounted at any angle, anywhere on the dash of your vehicle for optimal visibility.
2 x 5 x 8 inches
6.9 x 2.3 x 9.7 inches
Have questions about this item (51120), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by CURT, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: EB10KM, ean: 0758399867550,
2 new replacement magnet kits for the 12-1/4'' x 3-3/8'' electric trailer brakes, used for most brand 9,000# &10,000# trailer axles in the market. The listing has 2 kits, which are replacement for one axle Each kit includes: 1 x magnet with wire, 1 x...
mpn: 51170, ean: 0612314044382,
The CURT Spectrum trailer brake controller provides powerful brake operation while maintaining a clean, consistent OE look and feel on the dash of your vehicle. It is comprised of a main module and a separate user interface. This interface is a simpl...
mpn: 5535, ean: 0016118133349,
Get the latest innovations in heavy towing control and drivability with the 5535 I-Command Electronic Brake Controller. Exclusive to Draw-Tite, this compact, proportional brake control requires no manual leveling with 'up-front' buttons for easy acce...
mpn: 20191, ean: 0742512201918,
Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ for 1 to 3 axle trailers, a totally proportional electric trailer brake control, is self-leveling so no level adjustment is necessary. Utilizing the primary sensor technology from Draw-Tite I-Stop Ultra, the Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ no...