CURT 51170 Spectrum Original Equipment Style Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Proportional
Free Shipping Included! CURT 51170 Spectrum Original Equipment Style Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Proportional by CURT at Osceola Organic Farm. MPN: 51170. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The CURT Spectrum trailer brake controller provides powerful brake operation while maintaining a clean, consistent OE look and feel on the dash of your vehicle. It is comprised of a main module and a separate user interface. This interface is a simple rotary knob with a push-button and ten tri-color LEDs to control and monitor all trailer brake activity. It also features a triple-axis accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops on any grade. The separated module and interface of the Spectr
Product Description & Reviews
The CURT Spectrum trailer brake controller provides powerful brake operation while maintaining a clean, consistent OE look and feel on the dash of your vehicle. It is comprised of a main module and a separate user interface. This interface is a simple rotary knob with a push-button and ten tri-color LEDs to control and monitor all trailer brake activity. It also features a triple-axis accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops on any grade. The separated module and interface of the Spectrum brake controller allow it to integrate with the vehicle unlike any other. The main module can be mounted behind the dash and completely out of sight. The separate rotary knob provides a sleek, subtle interface that mounts on the dash of the vehicle wherever desired. It features ten LEDs with three colors each (red, green and blue) to indicate trailer brake activity and power adjustment. The rotary knob and integrated push-button allow for simple and effective operation of the control settings and manual adjustment. The Spectrum trailer brake controller offers superior safety and helps protect the life of your vehicle and trailer with its advanced triple-axis accelerometer. This integrated circuit detects the motion of the vehicle and trailer when making stops and applies the precise amount of brake power for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The three axes of the circuit also enable the brake control to compensate when going up or down a hill. Like all CURT brake controllers, the Spectrum installs in ten minutes or less, using one of our vehicle-specific quick plug harnesses. It also has automated leveling and calibration capabilities to simplify and speed up the installation process. The Spectrum trailer brake controller comes with mounting hardware for a complete installation and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features & Highlights
- FACTORY LOOK. The Spectrum trailer brake controller is designed to mount onto the dash of your vehicle and integrate with the other controls like a factory brake controller. It allows you to control and monitor all brake settings using a simple but powerful push-button rotary knob with 10 tri-color LEDs.
- HIDDEN MAIN MODULE. To maintain powerful trailer brake operation without obstructing your vehicle dash, the computer module of this brake controller is separate from the control knob and can be mounted out of sight. The knob can be mounted on your dash with a drill mount or surface adhesive mount.
- INTELLIGENT BRAKING. This trailer brake controller operates with an integrated circuit called a triple-axis accelerometer. This circuit detects motion on three planes and provides braking power accordingly. Up or down a hill, Spectrum offers safe, smooth, responsive braking.
- EASY ADJUSTMENT. The Spectrum electric brake controller is highly adjustable to accommodate different vehicles, trailers and loads. The push-button knob offers easily accessible manual override whenever needed, and it features driver-selectable power output.
- SIMPLE SETUP. The Spectrum electric trailer brake controller easily plugs into your vehicle in minutes using a vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It also has automatic leveling and calibration. It can be used with trailers with 1 to 4 axles (2 to 8 brakes) and is fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish; One-Year Parts)
3.75 x 2.5 x 7 inches
4.1 x 3 x 7.4 inches
Have questions about this item (51170), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by CURT, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 5535, ean: 0016118133349,
Get the latest innovations in heavy towing control and drivability with the 5535 I-Command Electronic Brake Controller. Exclusive to Draw-Tite, this compact, proportional brake control requires no manual leveling with 'up-front' buttons for easy acce...
mpn: 20191, ean: 0742512201918,
Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ for 1 to 3 axle trailers, a totally proportional electric trailer brake control, is self-leveling so no level adjustment is necessary. Utilizing the primary sensor technology from Draw-Tite I-Stop Ultra, the Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ no...
mpn: 8508700, ean: 0042899850878,
The REESE Towpower's Compact IQ professional-grade brake controller helps alleviate the stress placed on a vehicle when towing heavy loads. The controller offers advanced proportional braking by applying just the right amount of brake pressure needed...
Large digital LED displays voltage output and makes leveling quick and easy Easy-to-use gain wheel provides a numeric visual setting for precise and repeatable settings Independent manual slide overrides the gain setting for full braking power Exceed...